Iowa State beats OSU men at buzzer, 71-68
AMES, Iowa — Scott Christopherson banked in a 3-pointer at the buzzer to give Iowa State a 71-68 victory over Oklahoma State on Wednesday night.
NewsOK Related Articles
Oklahoma State had a chance for the final shot with the score tied at 68, but Iowa State's Tryus McGee, who is from Stringtown, knocked the ball off Markel Brown's leg, and it rolled out of bounds with 4.8 seconds left, giving the Cyclones possession.
Iowa State (13-5, 3-2 Big 12) inbounded to Christopherson, who dribbled up the floor, stopped two feet from the 3-point line and launched his game winner over 5-foot-8 Keiton Page. After a video review by the officials, the basket stood.
Christopherson, Royce White and McGee scored 17 points each to lead the Cyclones, who trailed 66-60 with less than three minutes to play. Christopherson hit a 3-pointer and a driving layup to cut the lead to one, and after Page sank two free throws, McGee nailed a 3 to tie it at 68 with 16.8 seconds remaining.
Page and Le'Bryan Nash led Oklahoma State (9-9, 2-3) with 21 points each.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90293Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14176Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8859Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7859Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7626Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 7605How to help tornado victims
- 6854OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents