OU-Notre Dame: Ire for the Irish — Why Oklahoma fans hate Notre Dame
Notre Dame ended OU's 47-game winning streak. And generations of Sooner fans, some of whom were born after Nov. 16, 1957, haven't forgiven the Fighting Irish.
Bill Saxon and his family drove home in the rain on Nov. 17, 1957, on the lonely roads from Norman to Abilene, Texas, in those pre-turnpike days.
Videoview all videos
Oct 21It was a big-play kind of day, as Oklahoma used five...
Oct 21Jason Kersey and Jenni Carlson examine the Sooners' easy...
Photoview all 91 photos
The 1951 OU graduate later would become a successful oil man. But in 1957, Saxon sold drilling bits in the Texas oil fields. He lived in one of those tract housing neighborhoods built for...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 81135Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 32459Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction