Is Southwest Airlines losing the luv?
Southwest Airlines' reputation as an industry maverick seems to be going the way of flight attendants in hot pants and $20 one-way fares.
The nation's largest domestic carrier just marked its 40th straight profitable year, an unmatched feat in a time of economic turbulence, fluctuating fuel prices and airline bankruptcies. It did so by undercutting the competition with no-frills flights and, in the process, building an army of budget-minded fans.
Now many of those longtime customers say the Dallas-based carrier that calls itself LUV Airlines has been losing their love since it recently began to shift its focus away from low fares and...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims