Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Produced by NewsOK.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
“This proposal offers an inter-regional planning perspective that is generation-neutral and works within the regional planning process to produce optimal grid performance,” Joseph L. Welch, ITC's chairman, president and chief executive officer, said in a statement. “These projects will draw upon ITC's track record as a best-in-class independent transmission developer and operator, as evidenced by the success of our existing projects and partnerships with local utilities in the Great Plains region.”
ITC Great Plains submits plan for Oklahoma high-voltage transmission lines
ITC Great Plains filed a proposal with regional grid operator Southwest Power Pool to add five new electricity transmission lines, including two that would cross parts of Oklahoma.
ITC completed its Hugo to Valiant project in June. The 18-mile, 345-kilovolt line included a new substation and connects Western Farmers Electric Cooperative's Hugo power plant and Valiant in southeastern Oklahoma.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 81615Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14276Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8057Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7469Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7367How to help tornado victims
- 6230Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 5754Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'