Items taken from OKC police Sgt. Maurice Martinez's home listed
Police took pictures, unspecified documents, three guns, six cell phones, three cameras, three video game systems and other items from the home of Oklahoma City police Sgt. Maurice Martinez, court documents show.
Videoview all videos
May 2An Oklahoma County judge denied bail Monday for Oklahoma...
Apr 15Oklahoma City police Sgt. Maurice Martinez is under...
Mar 14Thomas Frank Salazar, 31, of Oklahoma City, whom police...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Martinez's house was burglarized during an overnight break in officers' search of the house last month, despite a patrol officer stationed out front assigned to guard the residence.
Martinez's defense attorney, Irven Box, had said he and his client needed to see the search warrant return to see if any items missing from the home were not listed, because those items could have been taken in the burglary. Box said Monday that all the missing items of significant value were listed in the return, but that Martinez may do an inventory of his house to be sure.
“If you have a home with a lot of rooms, it's kind of hard to remember what was in every room,” Box said.
Box and Martinez's family have said the alleged accuser has recanted his story. The family provided media with a video that purportedly shows the accuser saying he lied. Law enforcement officials have not commented on the video.
Oklahoma County first Assistant District Attorney Scott Rowland declined to comment Monday on the case because charges against Martinez have not been filed. Oklahoma City police spokesman Capt. Patrick Stewart also declined to comment because of the ongoing investigation.
Contributing: Staff Writer Nolan Clay
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort