It's Baylor's Robert Griffin vs. the K-State defense in a battle of Big 12 unbeatens
BIG 12 GAME OF THE WEEK – For Baylor's Robert Griffin and Kansas State, today's game in Manhattan is a step up in competition.
Neither Landry Jones nor Brandon Weeden has been the Big 12's most impressive quarterback this season. That nod goes to Baylor's Robert Griffin.
Videoview all videos
Sep 30Who will win Clemson or Virginia Tech? OU or Ball State.
Sep 30Berry and Mike answer your emails on: Big 12...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Griffin this season has thrown 12 incompletions and 13 touchdown passes. You can look it up.
But Saturday, Griffin steps up in competition. For the first time this season, he plays outside Waco. For the first time season, he plays a non-Texas team. For the first time this season, he plays against Kansas State.
Bill Snyder's Wildcats are playing some defense. They staged a goal-line stand last week to save a 28-24 victory at Miami. K-State's defense was dominant in early victories over Eastern Kentucky and Kent State, which doesn't mean much. But then the ‘Cats held Miami to three first-half points and stopped the ‘Canes on four straight plays after first-and-goal from the KSU 2-yard line in the final two minutes.
“The last four snaps of the ballgame, we played as well as you can play,” Snyder said.
A game like that sends confidence soaring.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort