Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36331Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15449Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9864Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9824Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9353Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7992Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7895Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7342Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 6304Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6142UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
It's easy to take a bite out of your gift list
By Dave Cathey
| Published: December 5, 2012
Share this on Facebook
Here are lists of ideas and some local vendors to visit.
• Wine: Fruit of the vine is a great idea as there is a wide variety of price points to satisfy the novice to the hard-core collector. Do your research first, then just stop by your neighborhood liquor store to ask more detailed questions and get your order in.
• Meat: There are a lot of great local butchers, including Cusack Meats, Bill Kamp's Meat Market, Wheeler's and Artisan's Pride in Norman, who can fix gift packs. The new kid on the block is Holder Brothers, which raises its own meat in Altus. The Edmond-area retail store, 15220 N Western Ave., opened last year, and the attention to detail is responsible for beef you won't forget.
• Cheese: Two words: Forward Foods. Cheese is the foundation upon which Forward Foods stands. Go by either location — 123 E Main St. in Norman or 5123 N Western in the city — and you'll understand. Then say, “I'd like to do a gift basket, please.” They'll take care of the rest. Epicurean's Pantry, 1333 N Santa Fe Ave., No. 117, does a great job, too, for folks in north Edmond.
• Vinegar and oil: All the gourmet shops previously listed offer various gourmet oils and vinegars as do Whole Foods, Culinary Kitchen, The Meat House and Sprouts Market. But for a full tasting experience, check out Inspirations Tea Room, 2118 W Edmond Road, for an expansive selection of gourmet olive oils and vinegars. They also have a store selling vinegar and oil exclusively in Spring Creek Shopping Center, 1389 E 15 St., Suite 124.
• Baked goods: If you throw a rock in this town, you're likely to hit a cupcake shop. You can even get Sara Sara Cupcakes in Penn Square Mall now. If you want to give the gift of great artisanal bread, check out Prairie Thunder Baking Co., 1114 Classen Drive, in the Plaza Court building.
SOME LOCAL PURVEYORS
OF EDIBLE GIFTS
• Gourmet Gallery, 12032 N May Ave. and 1532 S Boulevard in Edmond.
• The Beef Jerky Emporium, 4405 SW 3, 9346 N May and 810 W Danforth in Edmond.
• Forward Foods, 5123 N Western and 2001 W Main in Norman.
• Wheeler's Meat Market, 1524 SE 44.
• Cusack Meats, 301 SW 12.
• Rhett's Meat Market, 9300 N May, No. 300.
• Bedre, go to www.bedrechocolates.com to check availability.
• Woody Candy Co., 922 NW 70.
• 42nd Street Candy Shop, 4200 N Western, Suite A.
• The Candy Basket, 2001 W Main, No. 117, in Norman.
• Coco Flow, 100 E Main, No. 101.
• The Bricktown Candy Co., 100 E California Ave., No. 100.
• Inspirations Tea Room, 2118 W Edmond Road; Teaoli, 1389 E 15th St., Suite 124.
• Cupcakes to Go Go, 2524 W Edmond Road in Edmond.
• Sara Sara Cupcakes, 7 NW 9; 17 E Fifth St. in Edmond and in Penn Square Mall.
• Cuppies & Joe, 727 NW 23.
• Pinkitzel Cupcakes and Candy, 150 S E.K. Gaylord Blvd.
• 1 Smart Cookie, 12100 N Rockwell, No. 9.
• Cookies-n-Cards, 115 12th Ave. SE in Norman.
• Cookies by Design, 7000 Crossroads Blvd. No. 1110 in Moore.
• Ingrid's Kitchen, 3701 N Youngs Blvd.
• Brown's Bakery, 1100 N Walker Ave.
• Prairie Thunder Baking Co., 1114 N Classen Drive.
• Johnnie's Sweet Creations, 8419 S Western Ave.
• Raspberries 'n' Creme, 2925 Lakeside Circle.
• Joni's Signature Cakes, 300 West 33rd St. in Edmond
• Savory Spice Shop, 4400 N Western Ave.
• Epicurean's Pantry, 1333 N Santa Fe Ave., No. 117
• Bill Kamp's Meat Market, 7310 N Western Ave.
• Holder Brothers Beef, 15220 N Western Ave.