It's possible that OSU receiver Justin Blackmon could be better in 2011
Videoview all videos
Mar 7Oklahoma State's new offensive coordinator Todd Monken is...
Photoview all 13 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
“I've been working on catching the ball in air and route running,” he said. “Just all around improving my game.”
Blackmon's 2010 production was a result of unique competitiveness combined with great physical skills. He excelled thanks to his physical talents more than his technique or his attention to detail as he ran routes during his breakout season.
In other words, Justin Blackmon was a great playmaker and great receiver in 2010. This season, he's looking to become a great playmaker, great receiver and great route runner.
And in doing so, he could help eliminate any questions from NFL scouts regarding his ability once he begins playing on Sundays.
“He needs to be more precise,” Monken said. “Bend in and out of cuts and separate. And he knows that.
“He can become so much better as a route runner.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad