It's time to legislate gun safety
Regarding “3-year-old boy dies after shooting SE of Guthrie” (News, Dec. 16): It's apparently not against the law in Oklahoma to leave a loaded gun where a 3-year-old can have access to it. This has become a disturbing trend, with other cases reported of siblings accidentally shooting each other, etc.
NewsOK Related Articles
It's time for the Legislature to require gun owners to secure their weapons when small children are present, and require mandatory prison time for those who fail to do so. While gun owners will surely fight anything that restricts them, this isn't about denying gun ownership. It's about legislating the responsibility that some are incapable of practicing.
Rick Allen, Norman
Readers wishing to respond to a letter to the editor can submit a response.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments