Jabil names COO as CEO; current CEO to be chairman
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) — Jabil Circuit Inc. said Thursday that it's promoting its chief operating officer, Mark Mondello, to CEO, and its current chief executive is set to become chairman.
The board's current chairman, William Morean, is retiring and will not stand for re-election to the board. Morean is the son of one of Jabil's founders. He joined the company in 1977 and served as CEO from 1988 to 2000. He has been chairman since 1988.
CEO Timothy Main, who has led the electric parts maker for 12 years, will step down in March as Mondello takes over. Jabil's board said it expects Main to be named chairman at the company's annual shareholder meeting in January.
Mondello, who has spent 20 years at the St. Petersburg, Fla., company and became chief operating officer in 2002, also will stand for election to the board.
Jabil shares fell 46 cents, or 2.6 percent, to close at $17.26 Thursday.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 33271Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 24362Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6895OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 6548Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4476OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 4156Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3398Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater