Jackson scratched from Tigers lineup
CLEVELAND (AP) — Austin Jackson has been scratched from the Detroit Tigers' lineup Sunday due to a sore left ankle.
The center fielder got hurt in Saturday's game trying to make a catch against the Cleveland Indians.
With two outs in the seventh inning and Detroit right-hander Anibal Sanchez working on a no-hitter, Jackson ran into the center-field fence trying to catch a drive by Carlos Santana that went for a triple.
Manager Jim Leyland and a trainer went out to check on Jackson, who stayed in the game. Afterwards, Leyland said the outfielder was fine.
Quinton Berry shifted from left field to replace Jackson, who is hitting .305. Berry moved up one spot in the order to leadoff. Andy Dirks played left, batting second.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort