Jacksonville pummels Morehead State 38-17
MOREHEAD, Ky. (AP) — Kade Bell threw four touchdown passes, three to Andrew Robustelli, to lead Jacksonville to a 38-17 victory over Morehead State Saturday in Pioneer League action.
Bell, the son of Dolphins coach Kerwin Bell, helped Jacksonville overcome an early 14-0 deficit. Morehead State (1-4, 0-2) took that lead in the first quarter on a 1-yard scoring run by Kevin Thomas and a 46-yard fumble recovery and return by Michael Jackson. A Rainer Duzan field goal midway through the second quarter gave the Eagles a 17-7 lead.
Then Bell put Jacksonville (5-1, 3-0) back in command. The Dolphins scored the game's last 31 points.
Bell, who was 16 of 22 for 238 yards, hit Robustelli for touchdowns of 10, 5 and 21 yards. He also threw a 4-yard scoring pass to D'Andre Randle. Bell's counterpart, Eagles quarterback Zach Lewis, was just 21 for 43 with an interception. He was sacked three times.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 12097Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11309Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6870Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 6485Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 4833Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4317OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3653Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law