Jaguars activate LB Smith from injured reserve
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) — The Jacksonville Jaguars have activated linebacker Daryl Smith from injured reserve and placed safety Dwight Lowery on IR with a foot injury.
Smith likely will start Sunday's game against New England.
Smith missed the first 14 games of the season because of a groin injury. He was placed on IR on Oct. 25, with the designation to return. He returned to practice a couple of weeks ago and was cleared to play this week.
Smith has started 122 games since being selected in the second round of the 2004 draft. He owns the franchise record for tackles with 1,084, including 100-plus tackles in seven straight seasons.
Lowery's absence means second-year player Chris Prosinski moves back into the starting lineup. Prosinski started in place of Lowery earlier in the season.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims