Jaguars place G Rackley on IR in final roster cuts
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) — The Jacksonville Jaguars have placed guard Will Rackley on injured reserve, ending his season and creating depth issues along the offensive line.
Rackley sustained a high ankle sprain early in training camp and re-injured it last week. He joins guard Jason Spitz and center John Estes on injured reserve. It means undrafted rookie Mike Brewster from Ohio State could play a pivotal backup role for Jacksonville this season.
Brewster was one of four undrafted players who made Jacksonville's 53-man roster Friday night. Safety Antwon Blake, receiver Kevin Elliott and linebacker Julian Stanford are the others.
The Jaguars released/waived safety Courtney Greene, defensive tackle Corvey Irvin, safety DB Rod Issac, cornerback Trumaine McBride, running back Richard Murphy, quarterback Jordan Palmer, offensive tackle William Robinson, CB Leigh Torrence and WR Demetrius Williams.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 88132Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 35601Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction