Jaguars sign OT Taylor, TE Spach, cut 2 others
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) — The Jacksonville Jaguars have signed offensive tackle Herb Taylor and tight end Stephen Spach, and cut receiver Brian Robiskie and tight end Colin Cloherty.
The Jaguars needed immediate help on the offensive line and wanted to upgrade the tight end position.
A sixth-round draft pick in 2007, Taylor has spent time with Kansas City, Denver, the New York Giants and Green Bay. Spach has 22 receptions for 137 yards in seven seasons with Philadelphia (2005), New England (2007-08), Arizona (2008-10) and St. Louis (2011).
Robiskie became expendable with the emergence of youngsters Kevin Elliott and Cecil Shorts, who caught four passes for 74 yards and a touchdown in the season opener.
Jacksonville waived Cloherty in final cuts and then brought him back because of injuries.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort