Jails called biggest psychiatric treatment center
Addiction, mental health problems cited as keys to imprisonment
Reducing Oklahoma’s prison population means getting serious and smart about how people with addictions and mental illness get treatment, state officials and mental health advocates say.“The largest psychiatric hospital in our state is our jails,” said Michael Brose, executive director of the Mental Health Association in Tulsa. For three years, the Oklahoma...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 24265Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15789Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10553Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9606Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9126Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8599Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8494Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena