James, Heat hand Bobcats 16th straight loss 105-92
But James knocked down a 3-pointer, Wade hit jumpers from 17 and 19 feet, and Shane Battier added a 3-pointer from the right corner to complete an 11-3 run that pushed the lead to 10.
Miami wasn't challenged again.
"That is what we're going to face on the road," Wade said. "The home team is not going to go away. We understand that. We have been through that over the last three years here so we're comfortable and confident in those situations. It's about making the right plays on both ends of the floor."
James called it a bunker mentality.
"We understand that we haven't played great basketball on the road so far," James said. "But, we were able to take care of business tonight. For the most part over the last few weeks we've been playing some great basketball."
Wade drew boos from the crowd after he delivered a knee to the groin of Ramon Sessions in the second half. But Sessions, who believed that Wade intentionally struck him, was actually called for a foul.
Kemba Walker had 27 points, and Sessions added 19 points for the Bobcats (7-21), who haven't won since Nov. 24.
Hakim Warrick, making his first start for the Bobcats in place of Mullens, had 18 points and nine rebounds. Sessions provided a big lift in a reserve role by hitting 7 of 12 shots, most coming off drives to the basket against an outmatched Mike Miller.
Despite the loss, Walker said taking the defending champions to the wire was a needed boost of confidence for a young team like the Bobcats.
"I thought we played well in the second half," Walker said. "We really got after it and played hard and played up and down. We played like we did early in the season. If we keep that up, we'll be fine."
NOTES: Heat guard Ray Allen missed the game because of a sore right shoulder. Allen was injured while setting a screen on Kendrick Perkins in the second half of Tuesday night's win over Oklahoma City. ... Charlotte's Gana Diop has four blocked shots in each of the last two games. He had one on James at the end of the first quarter.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 21911Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17670Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12642Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 10331Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 9974Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 9639Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 7768OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures