Janet Napolitano: Sequester cuts are giving me an ‘out of body experience’
Department of Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano admitted that the upcoming sequester cuts would have a negative effect on her department warning of fewer border guards, longer lines at the airport, and longer waits for cargo inspections.
“It’s almost an out of body experience.” Napolitano said, remarking that she was just pressured by Congress to strengthen security at the border.
“The very next day, I was in the Appropriations Committee saying ‘well you’re taking it all back through sequestration,’” she added with disbelief.
Napolitano added that the DHS would continue to maintain the security at the border in spite of the scheduled sequester cuts.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 14558OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 11841Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 8216Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6574Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6065Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5464Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4374Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?