Jantz leads Iowa State over Baylor 35-21
AMES, Iowa (AP) — Steele Jantz set career highs with 381 yards passing and five touchdowns and Iowa State held off visiting Baylor 35-21 to snap a two-game losing streak.
Jantz tied a school record with 36 completions to lead the Iowa State (5-3, 2-3 Big 12), who moved within one win of bowl eligibility for the third time in four years.
Jantz started for the first time since late September. He responded with one of the best quarterback performances in school history. Three of Jantz's touchdowns went to Jarvis West, whose 22-yard touchdown catch with 8:37 left made it 35-14 Cyclones.
Nick Florence threw for 426 yards and two touchdowns to lead Baylor (3-4, 0-4) which lost its fourth straight game.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 15772Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 12083Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 10914OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9909Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9575Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8649Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 8648Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated