Jason Kersey: OU-Kansas State matchup could be tough game for Sooners
The Oklahoman's Jason Kersey took questions from readers in today's OU Power Lunch Chat. Join our Power Lunch Chats at 11 a.m. Monday-Friday on NewsOK.com/Sports.
The Oklahoman's Jason Kersey took questions from readers in Tuesday's OU Power Lunch Chat. Read the complete chat transcript here. Join our Power Lunch Chats at 11 a.m. Monday-Friday on NewsOK.com/Sports.
What is your score prediction for the OU and K-State game?
I think it's going to be a lot tougher for the Sooners than I thought it'd be a couple weeks ago, that's for sure. K-State looked really good against Miami, although it's unclear how good Miami really is. I'm willing to bet Miami's a better squad than UTEP, though. If Casey Walker gets back to form that adds some depth which should help against KSU's run game. I'm not ready to make a score prediction yet because I know it will change in some way before the actual game. Check back with me next week!
What are your thoughts on Landry Jones' performance after these first two games?
I think he's done OK. In the first game, I think he really showcased this newfound mobility that we've heard so much about. This week, I thought he was really telegraphing his passes and made some very questionable decisions on one pass early in the first quarter that should've been intercepted, and then a pass early in the second quarter that was actually intercepted. I think he might be starting to rely a little too much on Kenny Stills, kind of like he did with Broyles last year, and we all saw how that turned out when Broyles was taken from him. By my count, 13 of Jones' 28 pass attempts were intended for Stills. But I think as Justin Brown and Trey Metoyer get more acclimated to the college game, that might get better.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 18759Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10409Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9339Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7780Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6796UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6582Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6498Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister