Jays' Romero undergoes left elbow surgery
TORONTO (AP) — Blue Jays left-hander Ricky Romero has undergone arthroscopic surgery on his left elbow and is expected to need six weeks to recover.
Dr. Lewis Yocum operated after the regular season, Toronto said Tuesday. Romero also received platelet rich plasma treatments in both knees to enhance recovery of quadriceps tendinitis.
Romero was 9-14 with a 5.77 ERA and left his final start, on Sept. 30, after three innings because of a left leg injury.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 25585Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 23461Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims