Jazz cools off Thunder
“They took it to us,” Brooks said. “They beat us in a way that we like to beat teams, by being physical and by being tough.”
Utah entered the game without Mo Williams, its starting point guard who's missed 25 straight games with a torn thumb ligament, and third leading scorer Gordon Hayward. But rather than take advantage of the injury-plagued Jazz, the Thunder watched another winnable game against a short-handed bunch slip away, much like it did against San Antonio, Atlanta and Washington.
The frustration ultimately boiled over on the court and, later, in the locker room.
With 6:06 left to play and the Thunder trailing by 17, Durant attempted to stop a Jazz fast break by delivering a hard foul against reserve guard Alec Burks. Durant lowered his forearm into Burks just enough to send him into the nearby set of baseline seats. Jazz teammate DeMarre Carroll then walked in the direction of Durant and said a few words. Durant pushed Carroll away, and a shoving match ensued.
Durant was called for a flagrant 1 foul on the play, and Carroll and Durant received double technical fouls — Durant's 10th of the season.
“It's part of the game,” Durant said. “I'm not a dirty player or anything like that.”
With 16 technical fouls triggering an automatic one-game suspension, Durant was asked if he will be more mindful of his growing temper.
“I'm just going to keep being me,” Durant said. “I don't give a damn. I'm going to just keep being me.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 89652Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 73465Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 36350Oklahoma sucker-punched by second round of twisters
- 35145Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 14325Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 13653Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 11646Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive