Jeff Burton has carpal tunnel surgery on wrist
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — NASCAR driver Jeff Burton had surgery on his wrist to alleviate symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome.
Richard Childress Racing said in a statement the procedure was done Tuesday on an outpatient basis.
Burton said in the statement he experienced re-occurring symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome and made the decision with his doctor to have the procedure as soon as the season ended.
Burton ended the season Sunday with a 19th-place finish at Homestead-Miami Speedway. He finished 19th in the Sprint Cup Series standings.
Burton will be ready to test his car next month and will not miss any time.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90799Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction