Jefferson, Favors out, Kanter has 1st career start
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Center Al Jefferson and reserve power forward Derrick Favors have been ruled out of Utah's game against Toronto on Friday night because of injuries.
Second-year pro Enes Kanter will make his first career start in place of Jefferson.
Jefferson was coming off a 31-point, 15-rebound game against Orlando on Wednesday but couldn't finish because of back spasms. He vowed to be ready for the Raptors but coach Tyrone Corbin said it was best that Jefferson and Favors sit. This will be the fourth straight game Favors has missed because of plantar fasciitis in his right foot.
Jefferson leads Utah in scoring (17.4 points) and rebounding (10.7) and Favors is the team's leader in blocked shots.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 64379Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 31540Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 30680Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 16244Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 7370Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6239Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4310Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman