Jenni Carlson: Get ready for a wild ride
This Thunder-Nuggets series is going to be fun.
Heck, it already is.
With all the build-up heading into this first-round tilt-a-whirl, you figured there was no way the games could actually live up to the hype. The Thunder lambasted the Nuggets in a pair of extremely physical games. Then, the Nuggets called the Thunder cocky. Oh, the set-up was juicy.
Videoview all videos
Apr 18Jenni Carlson and Berry Tramel discuss the missed...
Apr 18Berry Tramel and Jenni Carlson dissect OKC's 107-103 win...
Apr 18Kevin Durant scored a playoff career-high 41 points, as...
Photoview all 125 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Lucky for us, we got an opening game that was just as succulent.
The Thunder defeated the Nuggets 107-103 on Sunday night in a knock-down, drag-out game. It was gritty. It was gut-wrenching.
It was grand, wasn't it?
“We did whatever it took for us to win that game,” Thunder superstar Kevin Durant said. “Dove on the floor. Got key rebounds. Got key stops.”
It was that kind of night, and really, it could be that kind of series.
Settle in, Thunder fans. This could take awhile.
The Nuggets, you see, played just as hard as the Thunder. They dove on the floor. They got key rebounds. They got key stops.
Heck, when the Thunder took an eight-point lead midway through the fourth quarter, you figured the Nuggets might get blown out. Durant was hitting everything he threw toward the basket, Russell Westbrook was doing his darnedest to match his tag-team partner shot for shot, and the Thunder defense was keeping the Nuggets from getting almost anything.
During one five-minute stretch, the Nuggets managed only four points and had zero offensive rebounds.
That's some stellar defense, folks.
But just like that, the Nuggets scored nine unanswered points and took a one-point lead.
“It was a heck of a basketball game,” Thunder coach Scott Brooks said. “I thought both teams played as hard as they could possibly play.”
News Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 21361Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10815Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8633Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8589Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8336Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7789Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7697Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister