Jenni Carlson: OU chose to play Florida A&M after losing TCU as a non-conference opponent
The Oklahoman's Jenni Carlson took questions from readers in today's Power Lunch Chat. Participate in our Power Lunch Chats Monday-Friday at 11 a.m. on NewsOK.com/Sports.
Videoview all videos
Photoview all photos
Why is there no line on the OU-Florida A&M game?
It's basically because it's a lower-division team vs. OU. Lots of times, Vegas odds makers refuse to put odds on these types of games.
The OSU-Savannah game last week, for example, didn't get a line until Friday.
Where does the TV deal rank B12 teams in terms of revenue per team as opposed to other major conferences? Was it more or less than expected?
I haven't seen a dollar amount on the TV deal just yet. I'll ask while we're chatting and see if I can get a number.
But in terms of expansion or contraction, I have to think this slows both. The per-school payout is sure to be dang big. That will make teams want to stick around. It will also make the league schools hesitant to want to expand and slice up that pie in smaller pieces.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 18669Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10379Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9301Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7759Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6777UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6498Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6417Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed