Jets rookie WR White recovering from broken foot
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. (AP) — New York Jets rookie wide receiver Jordan White has a broken left foot that will likely sideline him until training camp.
White, a seventh-round draft pick, broke the fifth metatarsal in the foot during the team's first session of organized team activities May 21. Team surgeon Dr. Ken Montgomery operated two days later at Morristown Memorial Hospital.
White has not yet signed but the Jets said Friday the injury will not affect negotiations.
White played at Western Michigan, where he redshirted in 2006 and again two years later because of knee issues. He rebounded last year to catch 140 passes for 1,911 yards.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 33746Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15554Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10129Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9883Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9568Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8114Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 8089Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister