Jets waive WR Hill, LB Dowtin
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. (AP) — The New York Jets have waived wide receiver Jason Hill and linebacker Marcus Dowtin, clearing roster space two days before their showdown with the New England Patriots.
The Jets announced the moves Tuesday, but did not immediately announce any corresponding transactions. New York has 50 players on its roster, leaving them three spots they could fill before the game Thursday night at MetLife Stadium.
Hill was signed by the Jets last month after Santonio Holmes was lost for the season with a foot injury. He was released a few weeks later, but re-signed Nov. 6. He had two catches for 15 yards and a touchdown in three games with the Jets.
Dowtin was signed off the practice squad last month and had four special teams tackles.
Online: http://pro32.ap.org/poll and http://twitter.com/AP_NFL
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 402At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 378Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 347How to help tornado victims
- 247Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 147Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 93Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 52Social media used to send prayers and condolences to Oklahoma in wake of deadly tornadoes