Jim Crow-era measures used against vouchers
Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney wants to allow low-income children and students with special needs to use federal funds to attend the school of their choice. This is the right thing to do.
Private schools dedicated to those with special needs, such as autism, can make a huge difference. Romney’s plan provides a way for families to pay for private schools without harming public...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister