Jim Traber apologizes for making fun of Bob Barry Jr. after scooter accident
Barry, KFOR-4 sports director and Sports Animal talk show host, suffers broken collarbone
Sports Animal talk show host Jim Traber apologized Wednesday for making fun of colleague Bob Barry Jr., whom Traber said fell off his scooter Friday and broke his collarbone.
Traber had questioned Barry's “man card” Tuesday for falling off a scooter. But on Wednesday Traber said he had been told the injuries were worse than he had first believed and asked listeners to pray for Barry, the KFOR-4 sports director.
“I know it was probably not a good idea to take a shot at Junior,” said Traber, who noted he had emailed an apology to Barry.
Julie Traber called in Tuesday and scolded her husband for poking fun at Barry.
Jim Traber said he had been told Barry would be back on the air at the Sports Animal Radio Network by the end of the week. Barry hosts a 9 a.m. to noon show.
Barry, a 1980 OU graduate from Norman, has not returned phone calls to discuss the incident, and management at the Sports Animal and KFOR-4 has declined to comment.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 24265Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15789Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10553Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9606Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9126Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8599Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8494Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena