Joey Logano wins Nationwide event at Charlotte
Logano called Charlotte one of his favorite tracks and was happy to get the monkey off his back here.
"For some reason I've never been fast enough," Logano said. "I've had top-five cars, but never had a car to win. I think it's somewhat myself and making sure I know what to do when the track changes. But I love this place. It was a lot of fun to get a win here."
Sadler came in with a nine-point lead over Stenhouse in the Nationwide Series standings. He expanded that edge to 13 after Stenhouse's seventh-place finish.
Sadler said he wanted to win, but came away happy with the third-place finish.
"It was a good run and anytime you gain points, we're going to call it a good night," Sadler said.
The championship hopes of Sam Hornish Jr. and Justin Allgaier, who were fourth and fifth respectively in the Nationwide Series standings, took a hit when they crashed on lap 13.
Hornish's spotter, Chris Osborne, told him he'd cleared Allgaier, who was on the outside, when he hadn't. Hornish slid up the track and rammed Allgaier into the wall.
"I got cleared and he said, 'My bad,'" Hornish said. "It's unfortunate. It was a bad call that cost us tonight. But he doesn't make many mistakes so I'll forgive him. We all make mistakes."
With four Nationwide Series races left, Sadler is closing in on a championship.
But he views next week's race at Kansas as crucial.
"I think that is the wild card," Sadler said.
Danica Patrick finished 11th and was on the lead lap until the very end in one of her better efforts of the season.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 88863Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16945OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12611Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12094Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 9737Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 9076Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 8890Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation