John Guidetti signs 3-year extension at Man City
MANCHESTER, England (AP) — Swedish striker John Guidetti has signed a three-year contract extension with defending Premier League champion Manchester City.
The 20-year-old Guidetti spent last season on loan at Feyendoord, scoring 20 goals in 23 matches to help the Rotterdam club finish second in the Dutch league.
Guidetti, who was signed by Sven-Goran Eriksson in 2008, told the Man City website that "I feel really happy of course, it's a fantastic football club and to sign a new deal is really, really good."
Guidetti has made one competitive appearance for City. He has a lot of forward rivals at the club but says he relishes the competition, adding that "if everything was easy it wouldn't be fun. I know I'm going to learn so much from all the great strikers that are here."
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14121OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 13945Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 8893Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6932Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5880Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5330Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 5280Student shot dead during botched home invasion