Jones Old Timers Day will include blood drive
JONES -- Blood donors can show their community and school spirit by donating with Oklahoma Blood Institute (OBI) Saturday, Oct. 6. Jones City Masons Lodge #537 is sponsoring a blood drive from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., at Jones Old Timers Day on 101 W. Jones.
Each blood donor will receive the choice of a free University of Oklahoma or Oklahoma State University blood donor T-shirt and a chance to win a pair of tickets to the 2012 Bedlam football game.*
Oklahoma Blood Institute exclusively provides every drop of blood needed by patients in all hospitals in the metro-OKC area. Some 140 other medical facilities across the state rely solely on OBI donors to provide life-saving blood for their patients.
Any donor who prefers to support Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals - locally, Children’s Hospital Foundation -- can forgo the T-shirt. In turn, Oklahoma Blood Institute will make a monetary donation of similar value to Children’s Hospital Foundation.
It’s a chance to "doubly give" to local children battling critical health conditions – through the life-saving gift of blood and support for pediatric medical research, community outreach and treatment initiatives.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 12316OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 7699Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 6657Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6438Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5739Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4894Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4675Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers