Judge rules Custino's Italian Restaurant to remain in business

Judge decides Custino's Italian Restaurant will remain open for business, without a name change.
by Steve Lackmeyer Modified: August 24, 2012 at 11:26 pm •  Published: August 22, 2012

Custino also asked that his family's name be removed from the eatery.

“The Custino name has been used 15 to 20 years in conjunction with fine Italian dining,” Custino said.

Davis declined that request. Zuhdi said Elder spent “significant' money on branding with the name, and would have to look at how those costs could be reimbursed if it were to be changed. Zuhdi also argued Custino is not Phil Custino's real name, adding he is actually Phil Caliendo, and changed it following legal entanglements in Chicago in the late 1980s.

Davis ruled against the name change, but ordered both sides to come up with a dissolution agreement. She also ordered Angelo Custino to relinquish control of the restaurant's Facebook page, which he took over last week.

by Steve Lackmeyer
Business Reporter
Steve Lackmeyer is a reporter and columnist who started his career at The Oklahoman in 1990. Since then, he has won numerous awards for his coverage, which included the 1995 bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building, the city's Metropolitan...
+ show more


Trending Now


AROUND THE WEB

  1. 1
    VIDEO: 'Adrian Peterson vs. Machine' in new Castrol commerical
  2. 2
    Sooners No. 4, OSU unranked in Week 2 AP College Football Poll
  3. 3
    Oklahoma workers rushed to hospital after possibly falling from cell tower
  4. 4
    OU football: Tennessee OT Jacob Gilliam out for season with ACL injury
  5. 5
    OU No. 3, Oklahoma State just outside Week 2 Amway Coaches Poll
+ show more