Judging U.S. district judge unwarranted
Jeff Morphis (Your Views, Jan. 16) was out of line with his comments about U.S. District Judge Robin Cauthron, whose record of service to the judiciary is impeccable and certainly above being questioned by one devoid of all facts concerning a decision. As for Mike Morgan, he served the state admirably for several years, also a record above reproach until accusations were forthcoming — all except one of which was dropped. Cauthron herself said that Morgan was convicted on the one count of bribery on the word of a highly questionable witness. Why would Morgan not smile? One who is vindicated must surely feel some sense of joy.
NewsOK Related Articles
Bill Howard Sr., Shawnee
Readers wishing to respond to a letter to the editor can submit a response.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 87104Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16817OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12528Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12075Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 9682Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 8951Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 8846Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation