Wis. man convicted of neglect in daughter's case

Published on NewsOK Modified: March 16, 2013 at 1:57 am •  Published: March 16, 2013
Advertisement
;

MADISON, Wis. (AP) — A Wisconsin man accused of starving and torturing his teenage daughter has been convicted of child neglect.

But jurors couldn't reach a verdict Friday night on the four other felonies against the 41-year-old Madison man.

The Associated Press isn't naming him to avoid identifying the girl, who says she was sexually assaulted by her stepbrother. He's been charged separately.

The now-16-year-old girl says her father kept her locked in the basement and subjected her to years of physical abuse. She weighed 68 pounds when she fled the family's home last year.

Her father's attorneys say the girl had mental health issues and chose not to eat.

Jurors deliberated for more than 18 hours. One said it was "a very tough case for all of us to even sit through."


Advertisement


Trending Now



AROUND THE WEB

  1. 1
    Check out the Thunder postseason playlist
  2. 2
    VIDEO: Blake Griffin dumps water on a fan
  3. 3
    Oklahoma City Thunder: Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes calls drug suspension unfair
  4. 4
    Dave Chappelle Reveals Shockingly Buff New Look
  5. 5
    Peaches Geldof Funeral to Be Held on Easter Monday
+ show more