Jury selection starts in Yukon child abuse case
EL RENO (AP) — Jury selection is under way in the trial of a Canadian County couple accused of abusing their three adopted children.
Tulsa television station KOTV reports that proceedings began Monday in the trial of John and Sonja Kluth. Both face child abuse and neglect charges.
NewsOK Related Articles
Prosecutors claim that the couple burned, beat and cut their children, who were 9, 11 and 15 at the time. An affidavit says the two boys told authorities they were confined in a dark cellar for up to seven months at a time.
The couple was arrested after the oldest son was found sleeping in a box behind a restaurant in northwest Oklahoma City.
The couple has pleaded not guilty.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 19121Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6569Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6311OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5835Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4411Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4396Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater