Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Produced by NewsOK.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
With strong seasons in 2011, both players could leave the Cowboys as potential first-round picks. Blackmon is already a projected NFL first-rounder, while Weeden is not. But that doesn't mean the Cowboy quarterback can't improve his stock. “I think when he is finished here, people will be surprised, that I think he'll be a first-round pick,” OSU coach Mike Gundy said. “And I hate to say that about somebody because I don't like to put pressure on kids. “I don't really mind saying that about him because he's been really good and has handled everything in a very professional manner.” Weeden and Blackmon announced Wednesday that they will return to OSU for the 2011 season. Both could have declared for the NFL Draft, which is held in April. While neither player revealed specific details about their NFL Draft evaluations, both felt like another year playing at OSU could improve their draft status. “Staying one more year, I think I can get a lot better,” Blackmon said. “Work on some things, get a better evaluation.” Had he decided to declare for the Draft, Blackmon would have generally been considered the No. 3 receiver on the board, behind Georgia's A.J. Green and Alabama's Julio Jones. With another year in Stillwater, Blackmon, a former Plainview High School star, could enter the 2012 NFL Draft as the consensus No. 1 receiver available. Weeden received solid NFL evaluation but decided another year in an OSU uniform would be beneficial.
Justin Blackmon, Brandon Weeden to return to Oklahoma State, will not enter NFL Draft
STILLWATER — Brandon Weeden and Justin Blackmon are returning to Oklahoma State.They want to battle for a Big 12 football championship. Enjoy college. And, improve their NFL draft stock.
Videoview all videos
Jan 12Junior quarterback Brandon Weeden and sophomore receiver...
Photoview all 36 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 39102Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15291Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9778Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9437Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9040Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7843Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7624Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister