Kansas State-Baylor Preview Capsule
No. 2 Kansas State (10-0, 7-0 Big 12) at Baylor (4-5, 1-5), 8 p.m. (ESPN)
Line: Kansas St. by 11Â½
Series Record: Kansas St. leads 7-2
WHAT'S AT STAKE
Kansas State can clinch at least a share of the Big 12 title and the league's automatic BCS berth with a victory, and more importantly stay undefeated to maintain the No. 1 spot in the BCS rankings and get within one win of the Wildcats' first national championship game. Baylor has to win two of its last three games to be bowl eligible for the third year in a row.
The Heisman Trophy front-running quarterback against the quarterback who replaced last year's Heisman winner. Kansas State's Collin Klein is coming off his only game this season with less than 200 total yards, though he ran for two TDs in his first game back after an apparent concussion. Through nine games, Baylor's Nick Florence has more passing yards, one more rushing TD and has been sacked less than Robert Griffin III at the same point last season.
PLAYERS TO WATCH
Kansas State: DB Nigel Malone has 10 career interceptions, three of them this season. He had two pass deflections last week against TCU, and has 10 for the season. He also has 43 tackles.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 12879Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10775OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6990Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5542Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5510Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 5081Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 4971OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins