Kansas women eliminate TCU 83-61
DALLAS (AP) — Angel Goodrich had 16 points and eight assists, while Chelsea Gardner added 11 points and a career-high 19 rebounds as Kansas defeated TCU 83-61 in the opening round of the Big 12 tournament Friday night.
Carolyn Davis finished with 12 points and nine rebounds, and Asia Boyd also had 12 points for the seventh-seeded Jayhawks (18-12), who advance to face No. 2 seed Iowa State in the quarterfinals on Saturday.
Zahna Medley led the 10th-seeded Horned Frogs with 21 points, and Veja Hamilton had 14.
Kansas shot 51 percent from the field, including 7 of 17 on 3-point attempts, and outrebounded TCU 50-34. The Jayhawks led 40-30 at the half and extended the lead to as many as 24 points down the stretch.
The two teams also met Tuesday in the regular-season finale, which Kansas won 74-67 to sweep the season series.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
COLLEGE BASKETBALL VIDEOS
- 4046At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 3397Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 3003How to help tornado victims
- 2509Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 1115Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 620Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 439Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes