Katie Burnett wins Michigan Women's Open by 10
WELDON TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) — Katie Burnett has shot a 3-under final round 69 to win the Michigan Women's Open by 10 strokes.
Burnett finished Wednesday at 11 under, and her three-round score of 205 set a tournament record.
The 22-year-old from Brunswick, Ga., recently graduated from South Carolina.
Laura Bavaird of Grosse Ile finished second. She shot 73 on Wednesday and was the only other player to finish the tournament under par. Ashley Tait finished third at even par.
Burnett started the tournament with a course record-tying 66 in the first round.
The three-day competition was held at Crystal Mountain Resort in Benzie County's Weldon Township, about 25 miles southwest of Traverse City.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 11867Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11199Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 7813Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7743Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4737Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4255OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3606Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit