KATT kicks off blood drive at Riverwind Casino
KATT Radio will kick off its 28th year of partnering with Oklahoma Blood Institute (OBI) at Riverwind Casino, Thursday, Jan. 10, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Those who are healthy and age 18 or older are encouraged to donate blood in the Showplace Theatre at Riverwind Casino, 1544 W State Highway 9.
Donors at the Riverwind Casino drive will have the first opportunity to receive 28th Annual KATT Blood Drive T-shirts and $10 Wild Card bonus play. KATT DJ Greg Zoobeck will broadcast live from 10 a.m. to noon.
In 1985, KATT Radio became the first media outlet in the state to partner with Oklahoma Blood Institute to encourage donors to give blood during the critical need month of January. Now, 28 years later, more than 28,515 Oklahomans have given blood at KATT Radio Blood Drives.
“KATT Radio and Riverwind Casino enthusiastically respond to support community needs,” said John Armitage, M.D., Oklahoma Blood Institute president and CEO. “In January, our typical, three-day supply of blood for Oklahomans in need, is susceptible to weather that can deter donors. KATT has always stepped up to promote the need to get out and give. Donating at Riverwind will take just an hour to provide life-saving blood.”
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 58670Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 34839Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32331Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 11019Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 8824Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5821Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 3796OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins