Keeping people ignorant, gullible
Keith Marcum (Your Views, Feb. 9) addresses a dangerous condition that many can't or won't recognize. A lion's share of our “news” media has clearly become a powerful, corrupt propaganda network in support of the radical left. Nearly every day, I watch “news” broadcasts on one major network and on Fox News; the glaring omissions and distortions by the major networks are a disgrace to American journalism, with no sense of shame or conscience. There have even been cases, one recently by MSNBC, in which audio was craftily doctored to remove important words spoken by the parent of a Sandy Hook shooting victim.
NewsOK Related Articles
Our educational system holds much of the blame for this; it's been ignoring American government, civics and history for decades. The people are ignorant and gullible, in accordance with the objectives of evil philosophies.
Ronald Bouwman, Oklahoma City
Readers wishing to respond to a letter to the editor can submit a response.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 12959Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 12915Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 12323OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10047Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8563Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6689Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 6158Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated