Ken 2.0: It's time to face the music
Scale result of less exercise, more food
I'm writing this on Friday, a few hours before I have to go see a surgeon about my hernia.
I'm not terribly nervous, although that may change as my appointment draws nearer. I have a gut feeling, if you'll pardon the expression, that Dr. Jeffrey Bender won't want to operate. If that's the case, I certainly won't try to change his mind.
Staff Writer Ken Raymond began a yearlong weight loss and fitness journey on April 1.
Here are his stats:
Height: About 6 feet 1 inch
Beginning weight: 307 pounds
Current weight: 281 pounds
Whatever he decides, it'll be nice to know one way or the other.
See, I got some bad news on Thursday. I got on the scale and found that I'd gained 2 pounds. It wasn't unexpected, but it wasn't exciting, either. Basically it means that my overall weight loss in the past month is a whopping one pound. I lost three and gained two back.
I know why, of course.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 11753Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10515Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9760Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9740Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6752Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4200Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
- 4065Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates