Kentucky releases new highway map
FRANKFORT, Ky. (AP) — Kentucky has released its new highway map for 2013.
The official map is now available statewide at rest areas, welcome centers, local convention and tourism offices and all state parks.
The map is published each year by the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet. The 2013 map reflects a number of highway improvements, such as along Kentucky 313 in Hardin and Meade counties, a widened, four-lane U.S. 27 in Garrard County and the new Kentucky 873 in Clay County, which now accesses the Hal Rogers Parkway from U.S. 421.
The map cover features horses and riders cantering along a lake shore of Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area in western Kentucky. The map's "Only One Kentucky" theme highlights the scenery, natural attractions and features unique to the bluegrass state.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims