Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Produced by NewsOK.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
> From that point forward, OKC allowed 71 points in the final 41 minutes. "We were just trying to get stops and worry about the offense later," Durant said. The Sixers went scoreless in the final 2:19 of regulation and managed just four points in the five-minute overtime. They were 10 of 18 from 3-point range in the closing minutes of regulation, but missed their final six attempts beyond the arc. "I thought that was as good a defense as we could play in the second half," Brooks said, for the umpteenth time this season. "Everybody jumped in there and committed to it. We got a big win. You need a lot of things to go your way and you need some help or some good fortune, and we got it." The Thunder created some of its own luck with relentless hustle on defense, particularly when almost all hope seemed gone. "Yeah, man, it was looking bad for us for a minute," Durant said. "We stayed with it. We got some stops. That's a good thing we did late in the game, was get some stops." As for his team's penchant for winning in overtime, Brooks smiled and said, "That's pretty good. We have good players in overtime making shots. We have some shot-makers who love big moments." Durant said of working overtime: "We know how to handle those situations. We're very patient." The Sixers came in having won three straight, seven of their last eight and 16 of their last 21 games. "That is the first one that had gotten away from us in a long time," Collins said. "Durant had to hit a hell of a shot to get it into overtime." The Thunder returns home for a Friday game against Detroit, then departs for a three-game road trip next week at Cleveland, Washington and Miami.
Kevin Durant powers Thunder past 76ers in OT
Videoview all videos
Photoview all photos
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments