Kevin Durant: 'Success' is defined by good practices
The belief of building good practices has become a theme that has set the tone for the Thunder's season, starting with Tuesday's opening day of training camp.
Videoview all videos
Sep 28Oklahoma City Thunder coach Scott Brooks and others talk...
Sep 28KD talks one-on-one with Jenni Carlson about OU-TX...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
"When you have that, that creates an environment of improvement," Brooks said.
"You only can be successful through your work. And if you give good effort, you put yourself (in position) to be successful. If you don't, it's luck. And you don't play professional sports to hope for luck."
Brooks said he "needs to see good practices."
"I feel much better," Brooks explained.
On Tuesday, the coach admittedly was feeling pretty good after the first session of the first scheduled two-a-day. But he quickly noted that the league's 29 other coaches likely felt the same way.
"What you do in practice two is what counts now, and so forth as you go along with training camp," Brooks said. "We've got a month to get better and we have to take advantage of every day."
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 81417Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 31213Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 29647Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 24478Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8211Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 7508Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 7403Severe storms possible in Oklahoma again Monday