Key events in Oklahoma common education
Videoview all videos
Jul 20Holli Griggs-Harjo gives her thoughts about Seminole...
Jul 27Seminole County has a total of 10 school districts,...
Photoview all 42 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
2010: Oklahomans defeat State Question 744, also known as the Helping Oklahoma Public Education Act. SQ 744 would have mandated that Oklahoma spend at least the regional average per student on common education.
June 2012: Gov. Mary Fallin tells the Oklahoma Press Association convention she will encourage public school districts to consolidate or share administrative services.
Sources: Oklahoma Education Association, Schoolreportcard.org, Oklahoma State Department of Education, Oklahoma Historical Society, School Annexation and Consolidation in Oklahoma: 2009, Oklahoma State Legislature, Ballotpedia.org
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 88132Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 35601Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction