Key moments for OSU during the Les Miles era
Videoview all videos
Jul 7Jenni Carlson and Mike Sherman talk about the possibility...
Jun 17Did Les Miles pave the way to where OSU Football is today?
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Oct. 11, 2003: OSU 38, Kansas State 34. The Cowboys ended a nine-game losing streak to the Wildcats and avenged the beating inflicted a year before in Manhattan. It was the marquee victory in what became a seven-game winning streak.
Jan. 2, 2004: Ole Miss 31, OSU 28. The Cowboys lost, but in an entertaining shootout to the Eli Manning-led Rebels in the Cotton Bowl. It was significant, too, as OSU made its first post-New Year bowl appearance since 1949.
Sept. 4, 2004: OSU 31, UCLA 20. In the opener of his first major rebuilding year, Miles followed up a summer of muscling up for the Bruins with a beatdown in the Rose Bowl. The Cowboys attempted just eight passes behind first-time starter Donovan Woods, playing bruiser ball instead. They ran for 426 yards, with Vernand Morency going for 261 and two scores. The season would be up and down, yet OSU still finished at 7-5 with another bowl appearance.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 35920Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15377Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9806Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9680Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9189Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7926Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7748Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister