Killers will find another way
Mike Barnett (Your Views, Dec. 16) believes Americans can have as many guns as they want because of an “archaic” law that has no relevance in modern America. The Constitution and the Bill of Rights aren't archaic. They're the foundations of this great country. Anyone who thinks people not having a gun would have prevented any of these mass murders is wrong. If someone wants to carry out something like this, he will find a way. On the same day this latest tragic event took place, a school was attacked in China; 22 students were stabbed. Thankfully, none died. Since September, 2011, there have been 10 attacks on children in schools in China using a knife, box cutter, axe or hammer, resulting in more than 20 deaths and 100 injuries; most victims were young kids.
NewsOK Related Articles
Yes, handgun violence could be reduced, but killers will find another way.
Kevin Moss, Oklahoma City
Readers wishing to respond to a letter to the editor can submit a response.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 51290Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14843Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9419Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7710Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7083Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6592Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6563Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes